Halloween is just around the corner!
While kids are excited for trick or treat, and parents are shopping or making DIY Halloween costumes, let us help you with top 3 fun, super easy and yummy treats that will wow your family and friends! So check your pantry now as most of the ingredients here are probably in your cupboards already.1, CLASSIC CUPCAKES. Everybody loves cupcakes! Halloween is the perfect time to turn simple cupcakes into works of art, or works of fright! Go crazy dressing up plain chocolate cupcakes with candies, red-dyed icing (for bloody sweetness!), marsh mallows and choco chips to create eyes, witch hats, wings. Here’s a few terrific samples for inspiration!
For a simple, no-fail chocolate cupcake recipe, follow this:
- 100 g butter
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 whole eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup self-raising flour (sifted)
- 1/3 cup cocoa (sifted)
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup milk
Butter cream icing
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 1/4 cup icing sugar (sifted)
- 1 tbs milk
- Food coloring of choice
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line cupcake tins with cases.
- Using a mixer, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy and fluffy. Gradually add eggs and mix until just combined.
- Combine flour, cocoa and bicarbonate soda. Add to creamed mixture with milk. Beat until just combined.
- To make the chocolate butter cream:
- Beat butter until light and fluffy. Add icing sugar and cocoa and combine well. Beat in milk until mixture is fluffy.
- Spoon mixture into liners until each case is one-third full. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
2, BAT CUPS. Made of all-time favorites, Reese’s peanut butter cups and Oreo cookies, this mini treat will sure to be a hit. Get the full recipe at Chelsea’s Messy Apron.
Photo from Chelsea’s Messy Apron3, CASPER COOKIES. Make simple vanilla cookies come to life (or turn them into ghosts!) by cutting them into Casper shapes. Why not play the old classic Casper movie or cartoon during the party and re-live this friendly ghost?
Vanilla Cookies Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream 1 cup softened butter and 1 cup sugar.
- Add1 egg, 1 tbsp. vanilla, and beat well.
- Mix in 2.5 cups flour.
- Shape cookie dough using cookie cutter and drop onto parchment-lined cookie sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
For different Halloween-themed cookie cutters, visit HERE.
Photo from Unsplash
Complete the party with red fruit punch made from sparkling water, part strawberry and orange juice, and various fruits and berries for garnish. Have an awesome family time this Halloween!